Friday, July 19, 2013

My Favorite {Homeschool} Blogs

Well, it's that time of year where us parents are mentally gearing up for "back to school". I've already started getting my plans together for next year. (No need to applause, I have friends who have already started school.) We generally start around Labor Day. (It depends on whether or not we have Labor Day plans)

What I thought I would do is feature my favorite blogs in the next few weeks. I have several and they are packed with so much info I knew I couldn't fit them all in one blog. So I will talk about them one at at time.

My first one is...Simple Homeschool. Jamie Martin is the blessed author/blogger and she covers topics from educating moms, field trips, homeschool misconceptions, curriculum, family time, home management, homeschool methods and much more. I just love her heart. She shares her struggles and how she has overcome many obstacles that us homeschool moms face. She has 3 children, 1 biological and 2 adopted. You can read more about her here. Hopefully, you will connect with her as I have.

She has recently wrote another great book called "The Steady Mom's Freedom Guide~Joyful Motherhood on your own terms"
I personally have not read this book but do have it on my "Must Read" homeschool material. As one who struggles with insecurity, I'm constantly searching for encouragements, confirmations and affirmations. I'm sure she will deliver in a big way. Hey, and I know there will be ideas I've never thought of.

So, no more listening to me ramble on, it's time to head on over to Simple Homeschool. Oh and be sure to visit her other blog...Steady Mom.

My next Favorite Homeschool Blog will be about a FREE newsletter that I read straight from my phone. You will not want to miss this one.

If you are thinking of homeschooling and are not sure where to start, please feel free to leave a comment. I may not have all the answers but as an 8 year homeschool veteran, I would certainly love the opportunity to guide you in the right direction. Also, be sure to check out my post from last summer "Homeschool Newbie Website". There are a lot of helpful tips there as well. And of course, be sure to read Jamie's blog post "6 Homeschooling Misconceptions Erased".

Happy Homeschooling
~dee dee~

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin