Thursday, August 1, 2013

Free Crocheted Small Flower Pattern



 I just love these small flowers. You can add them to just about anything. Attach them to head bands, ponytail holders, beanies, blankets, jackets and purses. The possibilities are just endless. Theses are the great flowers that I add to my "Ivy Lynn Baby Coccon and Beanie"  . I found this pattern online and altered it to my own liking. I've tried several patterns but this is the one that I like best.

The great thing about it is that you can use 1, 2 or even 3 different colors. I've found that bright colors work best. My favorite yarn and the one I've used here is "I Love This Yarn" sold at Hobby Lobby.

So enough of me jabbering, here's the pattern.



Small Flower

Materials:
G Crochet Hook
Scissors
Various yarn colors, the brighter the better. I used red, yellow, hot pink, white,orange and teal.(These are not the actual names of the colors. Sorry I throw away the label after purchase, just too much hassle to keep)

Abbreviations:
Ch: Chain
Sl St: Slip Stitch
St: Stitch
Dc: Double Crochet
Tr: Triple Crochet

Let the Fun begin:
Begin with a slip knot/stitch
Row 1: ch 2
Round 2: 6 dc into 2nd ch from hook. (*Note below)  (Can change color here)
Join with sl st to first dc of round.
Round 3:  2 dc in each st around. (12 dc made) Join with sl st. Fasten off first color but leave a tail long enough for sewing your flower. Join in your next color on top of first dc st.
Round 4: *ch 2, tr 1 into first dc st; tr 1, ch 2, sl st into next dc st*. Rep from * to *  to end of round. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Makes 7 petals

*Note- If changing colors here, I like to do it before I slip stitch. This hides the fact that you’ve changed colors. Notice in Picture 2 I did not change colors before I slipped stitched or chained. It doesn’t look as neat, does it?



Picture 2, color change added after slip stitch
 Notice the white yarn in the middle of the yellow and again the yellow yarn in the red petal.
Red petals with yellow center. Notice the tail for sewing!
The above picture is a sample of the color change done before the slip stitch. You can not see where it was changed. Doesn't this look so much better?

If you have any questions, please leave a comment. And if you get to make these great flowers, please share a picture with me so I can post them here. And as always, if you find an error or just a better way, I am always open to your suggestions.

Happy Crocheting
~dee dee~

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin