Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Closing My Facebook Account

This time every year for the past maybe seven years, Lynn and I spend extra time in prayer and fasting asking God to guide our family and our own personal lives in the direction He has for us this year. Last year this time, I heard Him speak to me that I should close my Facebook account. I didn't ask why but soon after, I became involved in some groups that used FB to post updates, questions, news etc. Not wanting to miss important information, I chose not to close my account. I continued to hear God through out the year about obeying Him and closing my account.

Well here I am a year later and praying for God's guidance for the year and He brings me back to last year and how He has already asked me to close my account. I know this may not seem like a big deal to you or even make any since. It's not really a big deal to me since I'm only on there maybe one to two times a week. And that's just to check our clubs' news and maybe nose around a little. (I really enjoy looking at my friends pictures) 

My sweet heavenly Father warned me about 3 weeks ago at our home church we attend that I was going to have to go backward before I could go forward. If you've ever been in this place, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you haven't, I will be glad to explain it to you. Going backwards means  visiting a time/times of hurt, disappointments, disobedience (As in my case of not closing my FB account) words or promises spoken in vain, anything sinful and the like. I've done this way too many times to count. This is how God heals me. This is how He gives me another chance to obey. This is God giving me grace and much more. (Don't you just love that)

As far as the making since part? Well, It doesn't make since to me yet. But then, I've learned over the years that it really doesn't have to make since. I've once heard a preacher say "Your brain in the dumbest thing you have". I must say, that is partly true. God don't make junk and I refuse to think my brain in dumb. I knew what this preacher meant when he said it. A lot of times, you really have to check your brain out at the door when it comes to hearing what God is telling you to do. Remember, scripture says that "His (God's) thoughts are higher than our thoughts and His ways are higher than our ways". Man, thank God for that.  Plus, if we always knew "Why" we are to do something, wouldn't that take all the fun out of it? But seriously, that would not be living by faith now would it. Plus, what's normal to us is not normal to God. I think we need to change that. God stuff should be more normal to His children.

Enough of me rambling on. As of January 19, 2014 I will permanently delete my Facebook account. If you would like to reach me you may email me at demehuey@gmail.com. As of today, I continue to hear Him encourage me to blog. (Now that Blogger is running normal on my computer, I will be doing more of that) Also, I will keep my Pinterest account unless instructed other wise.

So, go with this my friends. Be encouraged, strengthened and know that you are loved very much by your heavenly Father and that He has great plans for you.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he make his face shine down on you and be gracious to you.

             ~dee dee~

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin