Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring {RAG} Wreath

So it's that time of year again...SPRING! My favorite time of the year where everything that was dormant is now well and alive.  And like everyone else, I wanted to add a little something to my front door. I searched through Pinterest and found this cute blog...Twin Dragonfly Designs.  She has a beautiful rag wreath that inspired me. So I rummaged through my crafts and found a wreath ring and some scraps of fabric. 

Here's what you will need to create the same look...
     1. A wreath of your choice  ( I have a ring that I reuse) You can get any wreath at the Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, Michaels or your favorite craft store.
     2.  Some fabric approximately 6-8 yards. You can break this up to use different patterns.
     3.  Sharp scissors
     4.  Ribbon for hanging wreath
     5.  Time  (this is not a quick project)  It took me about 7-8 hours over a course of 6 days

So here's what I did...

 I took a sheet of white cotton and cut a 2 inch slit across one end.

To create a rag look, I ripped the strips from one end to another.

So I ended up with 2 inch strips about 4 yds long.


I cut them into 6 inch strips
 This process took a lot longer than I anticipated. I started out wanting just a white wreath but did not have enough to cover my wreath ring. So using the scraps I had, I added some strips of different patterned fabric using the same method as described above.


And this is the finished look


If you decide to create one of your own, please let me know. I would love to see what you have done. 



And as always, I love to hear your comments.

Happy Crafting
~Dee Dee~

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin