Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Preparing for 5k

OK, so my husband and I have been talking about making goals that outlast just loosing weight. What happens after you loose the weight. What will be your next goal? So we have entertained the thought of running/walking in fun runs/walks or marathons. Well I'm tired of just the talk so I have decided to do it. So now, starting off I am training for a 5k that will be Mon. Sept 1, Labor Day. I probably will not be ready for the run, so I will walk. I have to start somewhere, right? Hopefully by the next 5k (Sept. 28, I will be running) I am on a schedule to be running in 10 weeks.

If you live in Chattanooga, I would love for you to join me. Think about it and let me know. Let's do this together. If not, just give me your words of encouragement. I will be sure to keep you all in touch with how my training is going.

Here is a local site for races...www.chattanoogatrackclub.org
and how to start running your first 5k at http://www.active.com/running/Articles/How_to_Run_Your_First_5K.htm

1 comment:

Life with the DixieChirps said...

I've wanted to do that too! I'm not sure that I can do it THIS weekend, but I'd love to join you next time! Looking at me, one wouldn't think that I have endurance, but I do! (I've never been a runner, but I'd love to walk/jog one with you!) Call me and let me know!
Stephy

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin