Thursday, August 28, 2008

Praise the Lord

I have been reading in Psalms lately. It has really pulled me from the pit. I would like to share one of the passages that has stood out to me the most...


Psalm 113

1 Praise the Lord

Praise, O servants of the Lord, praise the name of the Lord.

2 Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forevermore.

3 From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised.

4 The Lord is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.

5 Who is like the Lord our God, the One who sits enthroned on high

6 who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth?

7 He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap;

8 He seats them with princes, with the princes of their people.

9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children.

Praise the Lord.


I really like the theme of Psalms. It shows the true human nature through David's life. He was so real. He had problems just like you and me. He made mistakes just like you and I. But yet, God called him "A man after God's own heart". David went through more problems and torture than me or your will ever encounter in our days here on earth. David praised God no matter what. It doesn't matter what the world says, no matter what our bank account reads, no matter what our friends or family members say, no matter what the doctors say. David praised God and in doing so, it lifted his spirits. He understood that there were things going on the Spirit that were not seen in the natural. Praising God changes things in the Spirit world way before you see them in the natural world we live in. Praising God changes your situation, changes your attitude toward yourself and what you think other people think about you. With my experience is it really frees me up and kinda gives me this attitude of "I don't care, because my God is in control." That is freeing.

I encourage you to praise your Heavenly Father, exalt him over the nations. His word promises you that he will raise the poor from the dust and lift the needs from the ashes and sit them with the princes. I don't know about you, but I want to be raised from the dust and ashes and seated with the princes. (Whatever that may look like, I don't care) Praise Him until something happens and then praise him some more...

Consumed by HIM

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin