Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update on New Church

I wrote earlier about Lynn and I looking for a new church. We have been visiting Mountain Meadows Church of God in Ooltewah, TN. It's not far from where we live. We have been going there now 4 weeks.

The first Sunday, the pastor was out of town at the Church of God General Assembly in TX, so there was a guest speaker. We have never seen or heard him before. He gave a message that just pierced both our hearts. We cried almost through the whole message. At the end he gave us a word of encouragement from our Heavenly Father.

We went back the next two weeks and the same thing happened. Except it was with the Sr. Pastor. We have never seen or heard of him either. He knew nothing of us and so we knew that it was God. The Holy Spirit really ministered to us and has healed and delivered us from many past hurts all in about 3 weeks. That is a huge miracle in our lives. We were just about to call it quits on God. He heard our cry and answered our plea. Our lives have been turned around for him, again.

His love, grace and mercy never changes. I thank you Father for the valley. I thank you for the mountain top. I thank you for friends and family that have been praying for us and most of all, our divine intecessor, Jesus Christ himself.

Psalm 40:1-
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire;he set my feet on a rockand gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the manwho makes the LORD his trust,who does not look to the proud,to those who turn aside to false gods.
5 Many, O LORD my God,are the wonders you have done.The things you planned for us no one can recount to you;were I to speak and tell of them,they would be too many to declare.
10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.
16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, “The LORD be exalted!”

I don’t want to conceal His love and His truth and I hope you won’t either. Let’s share with others about His greatness. Let’s exalt Him for who He is and the wonders He is doing in and around us.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin