Friday, February 14, 2014

Cheap Valentine's Date Night

  We are always looking for ways to save money.  Especially when it comes to entertainment.  Going out to eat can be really expensive,  even for two people. Plus I would rather save my money and apply it to a bill. Remember,  we are getting out of debt the Dave Ramsey Way.

   All you need for a super easy and inexpensive date night is...
    1. A couple of pillows
    2. Blankets
    3. Food/drinks (we pack a picnic)
    4. Camera
    5. A romantic spot!
Because it was cold we picniced inside of our SUV. That provided us with heat and all the music we needed to create that perfect romantical night.

I absolutely LOVE sunsets. I will go out of my way to catch one photo of a sunset. I've been known to make my kids late for their events by chasing down the "perfect" spot to view a sunset and it's twilight.  We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place where we are blessed with the most gorgeous sunsets all year long. This particular date night was at the Fairhope Pier in Fairhope,  Al.

There, now hopefully you will take the opportunity to be with the one you love. Make memories, dream together, plan together, laugh and just have fun.

-Total spent...$0.00 (not including gas)
-(For food, we prepared our family dinner as planned and just took enough for us. For dessert,  we shared a slice of homemade carrot cake I made for our sons 16th birthday just two days earlier.)
-Our children are old enough to stay at home by themselves so there was no childcare expense. You could swap out nights of childcare with another couple to save even more money. 

I would love to hear your ideas. I'm sure there are plenty I've never heard of.

Now go make some memories.
~dee dee~

1 comment:

ASallis said...

How beautiful...the idea and the sunset! :)

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin