Saturday, March 20, 2010

Running Again

I have started running Jan. 17th. I found this website...www.runnersworld.com. It has a page for beginners. It gives a schedule to start running. This schedule helps builds muscles as well as get your heart in running shape. It starts out like walk 2 min. run 1 min. for the first week. Then, run 2 min, walk 1 min. and so on. Check out the website for more details.

This website is awesome. It talks about running etiquite, how to tie your shoes, what shoes to buy, what to eat before and after a run. It has been very helpful to me.

What has helped me out the most was the discussions/forum. There were many who talked about how they have not lost a lot of weight but have lost a lot of inches. That was a really revelation to me. I would always get so discouraged when I excercised because I was not seeing the results quick enough and so I would give up. Running gives me those results.

With running, you loose lots of inches, gain muscle which burns fat and then you might loose some weight. For me, as of March 20th, I've lost 9 in. total and 10 lbs. and 2 dress sizes. I feel amazing. I can't wait to get up and run. If I don't get to run some mornings, I almost cry.

Running is not only changing my body, but it is teaching me about my mind. I've had to learn to push past how I feel and really engage my mind. Mind over body stuff. It really does work. It also gives me time to be alone. I can pray, think about the day, relieve stress and do something for myself. I can't gather the words right now to explain how I feel after a run. It's just amazing.

So, I encourage to try running (or really it's jogging) If you can't run, try something. Just get out there and do it. You can do it, I believe in ya!

Have I told you lately that I love ya, well I do and God does too and has awesome plans for your life.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin