Monday, December 29, 2008

All I want for Christmas is...

There were many things that I wanted for Christmas, but like everyone one else, there was more want and not enough money. I asked for PJ's (Which is my most favorite thing in the whole world) from several people and didn't get any. (That's a good excuse to make my own...hee hee). I also asked for Christmas socks. Didnt' get those either, but found several on sale.

The two greatest things I wanted for Christmas, I did get. (I'll post pics later) I wanted a complete Tea Set. It didn't matter how many pieces where in it. It really didn't matter what print was on it. I just wanted something really pretty. Well, my mom went way out. She got me this 24 piece antique set. It even has the ceramic spoons to match. It is the most beautiful set I've ever seen. It's the willow blue color with birds and it is trimmed in Black. Yes, I will post pics later. I can't wait to use it. She has a friend that is an expert antiquer and she had her looking for weeks. There were other things that I really needed, but this is just one of those things that you've just got to have. Forget about your needs right. My mom is the greatest. Thanks Mom.

Now the other thing that I asked for was a picnic basket. We go to a lot of homeschool functions that involve picnics. (Which I absolutely love) I don't have a picnic basket like all the others. I became very envious. (Yes, I know you're not suppose to be, I'm working on it) I had an insulated back pack which works really nice, but it was not a picnic basket. I asked my in-laws for one and really didn't know what to expect. Well, they definitely exceeded my expectations. I've never seen one like this. It has sturdy handles that velcro together at the top. It comes with over 20 pieces inside. Plates, spoons, knives, etc. And to top it off, the bottom has an insulation compartment for all your food and drinks. It's just the perfect size. I can't wait to use this bad boy. Yep, I will have a picnic in the cold just cause I can. And better yet, I can't wait to show it off. Thanks Ed and Sharon for an awesome gift.(I will post a pic later)

Love to all,
Abiding in Him,

2 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Wow! You got some great things!! I can't wait to see pics of the tea set and your new picnic basket (how fun!!)! Glad you had a merry Christmas!

Life with the DixieChirps said...

Yeah! So where are we going with your fancy new picnic basket?!? I can't wait to see it!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin