Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Thankful For"...Sundays

I am so thankful for Sundays. As a child we went to church everytime the door was open. After Sunday morning worship we would come home to the biggest Sunday dinner. (You would think it was Thanksgiving). THEN...we would take a long Sunday nap. I'm so glad my mama trained me right, hee hee!! (I was joking about the naps, but serious about the church thing) To this day, I still go to church and come home and take a nap. But Sundays mean so much more to me now. I appreciate them now as a day to get together with my brothers and sisters in Christ. To worship our heavenly Father together and experience the power of the Holy Spirit. It's a time to bring what God has done in our lives that week and share it with one another. There is nothing more refreshing and renewing than to be with other believers. I really like that fact that there is one day set aside just for my Savior. If you do not have a home church, I encourage to find one. Ask you heavenly father to lead you to one. He will. He has done so for us. We have been seeking his will for 4 years now and just found where he wanted us. It was a hard and trying road, (That's another really long story) but we made it. Thank God we did. We were not put on this earth to be alone. We need each other. We need to worship corporately. God loves to see his sons and daughters worship him together. Don't worry about what anybody thinks, just go for HIM!!

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Eph 1:17.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Amen Sista!!

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin