Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cheddar {Hamburger} with Compost





Do you really like hamburgers as much as we do? We are always looking for different recipes to change it up a bit. If you like onions, then you are going to like this one. 

So this recipe comes from one of those many cooking shows. Sorry, I don't remember which one. There are so many to choose from. The chef shared this recipe for onion compost. Compost? Yep, that's what I said. It is so delicious.

Compost Ingredients:
2 red onions sliced long ways
1/2 cup beer (no particular brand)
1 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
Add all ingredients to frying pan and cook onions down til they are brown. Takes about 1 hour. In the meantime, start on your burgers.

Burger Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (I use 80/20 lean ratio, cost less)
1/2 lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
salt/pepper to taste
1 egg
2 tbsp flour (to make the burgers stick together)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Sesame seed buns
Lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mayo and other toppings of choice.
Mix all burger ingredients
Grill or fry until done.

Place your condiments on each grilled bun, add compost on top of burger, place top bun and enjoy. I served mine with homemade salsa and chips. I'll share the homemade salsa recipe later.

Wanna share? Be sure to give credit where credit is due!

If you try my recipe, please let me know how it turned out.

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin