Sunday, August 26, 2012

{BECOMING} Like Jesus Christ

I woke this morning thinking about what I am becoming in Christ. I had a desire to turn on the TV at 5:00am and watch TBN. This is strange because I do not like TBN and really don't care much for the majority of the people on this channel. Mostly because they are always asking for money. (That's another story) 

So I flipped through the channels to find Chris Hodges speaking at Liberty University. My husband and I really like Chris Hodges and what he is doing at Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, AL. God has used his messages before to speak to us and even answer some questions and prayers. So, I stopped to listen to what he had to say. Whoa and behold, guess what he was speaking on? Yep, you guessed it. "What are we becoming" Isn't that just cool. I think God is so cool. He is always doing stuff like that. You know, dropping things in my spirit and then teaching me about what it is He is speaking to me about. The scripture that Chris was talking about is from Eze 1:10

 And the likeness of their faces: the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side to the four of them; and the face of an ox on the left side to the four of them; and the face of an eagle to the four of them. 

He explained this verse as a vision that Ezekiel had about the faces of God. He has four faces:
       1. Ox
       2. Man
       3. Lion
       4. Eagle

I will explain them briefly:

1. Ox-servant. The ox serves man by helping him plow his fields. We are to be servants in the Kingdom. This is how the kingdom of God is advanced. You would be surprised that if you serve God in the way he leads you to (not just doing GOOD things, but doing GOD things) the affect it has on people, the love and presence of God they feel. We are to become "like Him"...a servant.

2. Man-we are huMAN beings. Man translated in the Hebrew in this verse means "low degree". We are to stay humble. We are to keep the relationships and connections that God sends our way. Sometimes when we think we reach a certain level of spirituality, sanctification, maturity or status that we forget who we really are. We are just a man. A huMAN, MAN or woMAN that has fallen and come short of the glory of God. We are to never put ourselves on a pedestal.  We are to remain low, humble and dependent on Him. We are to become "like Him"...low!

3. Lion-strength, to be strong. When you think of a lion and how fierce he can be, you think of strength, confident, agility, honor, respect or even authority. People often call him the "king of the jungle". Lion in the Hebrew (in this particular verse) comes from the root word "to pluck" in the sense of violence. God has given us the power to pluck the enemy from our lives. He has given us strength to wage war. We are to carry the authority that He has given us with honor and respect. We are to become "like Him"...strong.

4. Eagle-lacerate. The eagle is a large bird of prey. The Hebrew meaning of eagle in this verse, surprisingly means to "lacerate". It comes from an unused root meaning. So thinking of an eagle being a large bird of prey and the Hebrew meaning lacerate, that's exactly what eagles do. They tear to pieces, lacerate, wound and kill their prey. "Who is my prey?" you ask. "I don't have any prey". That's what the enemy would have you to believe. Well, Eph 6:12 says, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the world's rulers, of the darkness of this age, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  We do have prey. Our prey is the powers of darkness and any spiritual wickedness. We are to take the word of God (our sword) and cut to pieces the enemy. We are to wage war, against the enemy, for ourselves, our family, our marriage, our finances or anything that exalts itself against Jesus Christ. I  believe too we are to "lacerate" or "discern" the spirits. We are to ask God to help us and give us understanding into different situations. Don't just take what someone else has said, including me. Take everything you hear, read or see to God and ask Him for His understanding. We are to become "like Him"...destructive to our prey.
 
 I am by no means a Bible scholar, have a doctors degree or been to Bible school. I only like to share what the Holy Spirit has given me. If I'm wrong, please pray for me. 

What I desire the most is for you to ask yourself "What am I becoming?"  Are you becoming like Him. Find out for yourself what Jesus looks like and ask Him to make you more like Him. I want to love him out of what I'm becoming, not just what I'm doing. I charge you to read the word of God, the organic word of God for yourself to become all that He wants you to be. 

                                           ~Dee Dee~







 

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
"I count myself one of the number of those who write as they learn and learn as they write." -John Calvin